The Goa chief minister Pramod Sawant on Wednesday informed media that the state government was monitoring the dousing progress of blaze engulfed to Sansodo garbage dump. Sawant claims that Deputy Chief minister Vijai Sardesai was been directed to meddle into row and resolve people’s woes.
Responding to media persons in Panjim, Sawant said the state govt was in process to finalise, the line-of-sight to resolve woes of citizens residing along the periphery of garbage dumps. He said that the state government was attempting to resolve legal glitches over Sansodo garbage dump handling process.
Sawant further said that currently fire tenders were attempting to douse the fire. The state through director of fire and emergency service Ashok Menon was monitoring the dousing progress of blaze engulfed to Sansodo garbage dump.
In recent past, Fomento Green And Waste Management Services Private Limited, was awarded works for setting up of the solid waste management plant at Sonsodo. Though it’s now more than a decade since the Sonsodo waste treatment plant was commissioned and run, the municipality has so far paid only the first installment of Rs 1.30 crore to the company, despite the fact that the company has been running the plant since 2012.
Fomento Green had raised the dispute with the Margao Municipal Council over the non-payment of fees amounting to over Rs. 5 crore towards the setting up of the waste treatment plant at Sonsodo.